Over the last few weeks, I’ve run across several interesting Internet items that I thought I’d share with you, my dear readers, starting with:
- A Hundred Single Ladies in Piccadilly Circus
- Life Magazine‘s brand-new online gallery of stunning travel photographs.
- Jet Set Zero: “…a group of twenty-somethings traveling the world after only three months of minimum-wage work. We started with nothing to see just how far we can go, and have a few good adventures along the way.” Why the HELL didn’t I think of this when I was in MY 20s?
- Writer Christine Garvin’s treatise on cultural interloping, “White By Birth, Another Heritage By Choice”, at Matador Network’s Brave New Traveler blog.
- The Micro Machines-style interactive map of casino development on the Las Vegas Strip from the Las Vegas Sun newspaper (It’s more interesting if you start at 2007 and work backwards).
- The humorous rundown, over at World Hum, of the tightrope walk that is international dating etiquette: “Around the World in Five Dates”.
- Gawjus Jawjuh peach and consummate salsera, Zhaleh, currently in Korea, and some of the darnedest things people say to her, as elucidated at Supa Dupa Fly Seoul Sista.
- Smelling, tasting, and feeling the Cidade Maravilhosa through my computer screen while being swept up in Alex Forman’s visceral travel dispatch on Rio de Janeiro over at Nerve (This is inspired prose!).
- Upgrade: Travel Better‘s thoughtful, thorough report on The Best Airfare Comparison Sites, and I guarantee you, it ain’t Orbitz or Expedia.
- The very impressive Afro-Swedish culture and lifestyle e-magazine, Urbanlife, and its review of the hilarious French race-changing comedy, Agathe Cléry (You HAVE to watch the trailer).
Photo by Taro Taylor
- Taro Taylor’s astounding photographs of the people and landscapes of the South Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea.
- Travellious‘ quick-n-easy guide to getting your first passport, for those of you who still haven’t caught on that true ballers go through Immigration, biyotch!
- And last, but not least, IHOP is finally in all 50 states. BDT.