- São Paulo hip-hop star Criolo goes from hood to high-life as Brazilian rap creeps into the mainstream.
- As Chris Guillebeau heads down the home stretch of his hit-every-country-in-the-world, he gives pointers on how to go everywhere.
- Members of Nigeria’s Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba tribes weigh-in on each other’s perceived strengths and defects (via Lola at Geotraveller’s Niche).
- Björk sits at a small table in a Reykjavik bar, “as a unicorn might,” during Chris Colin’s engrossing, impromptu Icelandic adventure.
- Greg Gross of I’m Black and I Travel tells us why you’ve got to leave it to believe it!
- CNNGo lists a few of the foods Americans miss most while living abroad.
- A French presidential candidate wants the “Ni**as in Paris” to vote for him (via Afro-Europe).
- Jezebel produces the hilarious-but-sadly-true “Complete Guide to ‘Hipster Racism‘”.
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning Dominican-American scribe Junot Díaz weaves his latest magic in the New Yorker.
- “Down in Brazil, they do a dance that’s gonna give you a thrill.” Long live Lena!
(Just discovered this li’l gem while researching Hollywood interpretations of Brazil. Spellbinding.)